Chinese students and government representatives meet
A delegation consisting of the Service Center for Overseas Talent and Experts from multiple provinces in China met on the 27th of September afternoon with representatives of the Finnish Chinese Business Association and Chinese students pursuing a degree in Finland.
The meeting took place in WTC Helsinki, and included discussions on issues related to employment prospects in China, and the Chinese government’s entrepreneurship and talent policy.
The Service Center for Overseas Talent and Experts was represented by:
- Li Wei, Deputy Director of Overseas Students and Expert Service Center of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of China
- Yang Junmei, Deputy Inspector, Human Resources and Mobility Management Department, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of China
- Sha Yan, Deputy Director of Overseas Students and Expert Service Center of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of China
- Pan Yongxing, Deputy Director of Shanghai Talent Service Center
- Xu Yunfei, Director of International Talent Exchange and Expert (International Student) Service Center in Jiangxi Province
- Zuo Wenzhi, Director of Sichuan Provincial Expert Service Center
Participating students came from the universities of Turku and Helsinki, Åbo Akademi, and the Helsinki Swedish Business School.
According to the Ministry of Education of Finland, about 6 300 foreigners came to study to Finland in the autumn of 2018. Almost a quarter of them got a placement. Between the years 2010-2017, the number of Chinese students starting their studies in Finland has ranged between a 2017 minimum of 441 and a maximum of 612 in 2012. The most popular field has been by far technology and transportation, and the most popular subject business and trade. University and Applied university degrees have tended to be the most favored, but in 2017 vocational degrees reached a record 147 of Chinese students starting their studies. (Source: Education Statistics Finland,Vipunen https://vipunen.fi/en-gb/).